1. A deposit of 25% of the total rental fee or $25.00, whichever is greater, is required. Your reservation is not complete until the deposit and signed agreement is received. A refundable security deposit equal to 75% of the daily rental rate will be collected at check-in. A full refund of the security deposit will be given at check-out provided damages do not exceed normal use and the facility is cleaned according to the guidelines set forth in this agreement.
2. The contracted rental fee (plus any additional fees) must be payable in full to Camp Tygart seven days in advance of your event. No admittance will be granted where payment has not been received in full unless a prior arrangement has been made in writing with Camp Tygart. If booking within seven days of the event start date, full payment is required and due at the time of booking.
3. This is a NO ALCOHOL, NO PETS, NO ILLEGAL DRUGS facility. It constitutes a default under this agreement to possess or drink alcohol or possess or use illegal drugs. It is a default under this agreement to bring a pet to the premises. Your security deposit will not be returned if default occurs.
4. If a cancellation is requested more than 60 days in advance of the proposed arrival date, the money posted for deposit will be returned less $50.00.
5. If a cancellation is made less than 60 days prior to the proposed arrival date, the deposit will be forfeited in full unless lessor can rent the facilities for the same sum. If the facilities can be rented for the same amount, the deposit will be refunded less $50.00.
6. Camp Tygart accepts cash, check, online payment, or certified funds for payment. We do not accept credit/debit cards on site.
7. If renting the swimming pool, please note that pool use is strictly AT YOUR OWN RISK. Camp Tygart does not provide a life guard and assumes no responsibility for accidents or injuries that occur at the pool. Lessee indemnifies and holds lessor harmless for any pool related injuries or deaths. Lessee agrees to provide adult supervision for all pool activities. Lessee shall advise pool participants that the lessor has no liability for pool activities. Lessee shall execute a liability release form prior to pool use. NO ALCOHOL or ILLEGAL DRUGS are allowed.
8. Facilities not expressly rented by lessee are strictly OFF LIMITS with the exception of outdoor areas needed to ingress and egress other rented areas. If questions arise, please consult Camp Tygart staff.
9. Damage to the facility shall be brought to the attention of the Camp Tygart staff and shall be charged against the deposit if due to negligence, improper use or deliberate destruction.
10. Lessee agrees to provide responsible adult supervision in each building/cabin/house where minors are present. Camp Tygart recommends at least two unrelated adults be present in each structure to create a safe environment.
11. Lessee agrees to leave rented facilities as clean or cleaner as when they arrived. Cleaning supplies will be provided by lessor. All trash shall be bagged and deposited in the dumpsters located behind Resurrection Chapel or on the west side of the Pipkin Center.
12. NO PETS ALLOWED. See Camp Tygart Staff for possible exceptions related to service animals.
13. Overnight lessees shall furnish all linens, pillows, and toiletries. Lessor will provide paper towels, toilet tissue, and hand soap.
14. Overnight lessees must provide a certificate of insurance showing J.D. Tygart Camp Ground, Inc. d/b/a Camp Tygart as the loss payee.
15. Lessees acknowledge that Camp Tygart is a Christian campground, adhering to Christian moral values. Lessor reserves the right to deny or terminate the use of its facilities to any group that does not comply with generally accepted Christian values including but not limited to those set forth in Article III of the Bylaws of the J.D. Tygart Camp Ground, Inc. In the event that an event is terminated on these grounds, lessee is subject to losing the entire deposit.
16. The protection of our children and youth are of paramount concern. Camp Tygart strongly recommends that all lessees comply with the Safe Sanctuaries policies set out by the South Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church. Lessor will provide a short summary of precautions that may aid you in complying with Safe Sanctuary Policy.
17. Lessee will read and agree to follow the conditions of renting facilities at Camp Tygart and to comply with the all conditions.
18. Lessees will release and hold harmless Camp Tygart from any liability regarding any alleged infection or contraction of Covid-19, coronavirus, or any other pandemic that could have occurred at or during activities at Camp Tygart.
These terms and conditions are effective January 17, 2023 (previous editions are obsolete).