Camp Tygart is a non-profit organization supported and operated by the United Methodist Church. People from all backgrounds are welcome to reserve and use our facilities. Our land was given by the late Jeff D. Tygart of Nashville, Georgia, to be utilized as a spiritual retreat and renewal center for adults, youth, and children. Camp Tygart is also home to the South Georgia Walk to Emmaus & Chrysalis programs, as well as Camp Arrow.
The Corporation, J.D. Tygart Campground, Inc., is a non-profit corporation organized for the purpose of operating the campground and engaging in activities of a charitable, religious, and/or educational nature and are relevant to carrying out the ministry of the South Central District of the United Methodist Church's South Georgia Conference. More specifically, the Corporation is organized and exists to:
• Conduct services of worship
• Promote Christian training and fellowship
• Conduct Christian camping
• Proclaim the word of God to all people
• Equip members of the United Methodist Church for a vital program of evangelism and to witness to our faith
• Strengthen ties of Methodism within the South Central District of the United Methodist Church's South Georgia Conference
• Promote the polity, program, and doctrine of the United Methodist Church, as found in The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church
• Promote other programs and services as are compatible with Christian development and growth
• Do all other things necessary or needful in connection with such work, as may be approved by the Board of Trustees of the corporation
Camp Tygart's day-to day operations are managed by an on-site camp director. The entire general charge of the business and operations of the corporation are managed by its board of trustees.